The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional non-profit making society registered under the societies registration act of 1860. Association of Principals of Technical Institution was transformed into The Indian Society for Technical Education in 1968 with a view to broaden its activities to advance the cause of technological education.
The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations.
Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, AICTE/DST/MIT/State Governments are well associated with the ISTE for programs relating to Technical Education.
Objectives of ISTE
The major objectives of the ISTE are to
- Formulate the general goals and responsibilities of technical education
- Modify curriculum and educational processes to changing conditions
- Develop effective teachers and educational administrators.
- Improve instructional methods and practices and administrative usages.
- Enhance professional ideals and standards.
- Foster research as complementary to teaching.
- Cultivate fraternal spirit amongst the teachers, administrators, industrialists and professionals.
- Bring out effective linkage between technical institutions, industry and society and
- Award Honorary fellowships, awards and prizes for furthering the objectives of Technical Education.
Activities of ISTEThe major objectives of the ISTE are to
- Curriculum development and updating.
- AICTE sponsored STTPs for engineering teachers and practicing Professionals.
- Preparation of teacher-manuals and other instructional resource materials under ISTE-LMP
- Preparation of LMs for working processionals in selected areas under ISTE- WPLP;
- Special short-term programmes for teachers organized by ISTE-industries and other professional organizations.
- Seminars/workshops/conferences on topics of relevance to Technical Education
- Information Technology oriented programmes.
- Project formulation, implementation and appraisal.
- Preparation of directories on technical education facilities/expertise.
- Publication of bi-monthly ISTE Newsletter.
- Publication of a quarterly Indian Journal of Technical Education
- Publication of ISTE Handbook.
- Publication of Learning Materials in the area of Electronics and Computer under ISTE-LMP and
- Publication of various monograms.
|1.||Shri H P Kalyani, HOD Electrical|| |
|2.||Shri K. Venkateswarlu, HOD –AM|| |
|3||Dr.(Mrs) M T Jha HOD-H.Sc & CDDM|| |
|4||Shri R L Keswani; Lect General Dept|| |
|5||Shri P N Thadani; Lect in Civil Engg|| |
|6||Shri Utpal Mahitcha; Lect in Elect Engg|| |
|7||Shri H G Sagar Lect; in Mech Engg|| |
Members of ISTE Student Managing Committee
|101 Civil||Zola Kiran H|
|101 Mech||Patel Rakshesh S|
|101 Elect||Rajput Pravinabahen K|
|101 Home Science||Vidhi Mankad|
|103 Civil||Santoki Nilesh|
|103 CDDM||Seema Devnani|
|103 Elect||Master Nishant|
|103 Mech||Pankaj Guvalani|
|105+123 Civil||Patel Yogesh|
|105+123 Elect||Purohit Drupad|
|105 Mech||Manish Mirani|
|105 Home Science||Veena Rupchandani|
Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) TFGP-Adipur Student Chapter, awarded as the Best Chapter in Gujarat for the year 2006, organized the following activities during the last semester.
1. A lecture on “Importance of Thalassaemia Check-up” was arranged in association with Rotary Club and Help Age Mission -Adipur on 2 Feb. 2007 at Prabhu Darshan Auditorium. Dr.Geeta Verma delivered the lecture, followed by batch-wise check-up programme from 6-15 Feb. 2007 for the first semester students of all the departments
2. A Blood Donation Camp was organized on the occasion of Gandhidham Day (12 Feb. 2007) in association with Help Age Mission. 112 bottles of blood was collected.
3. Student Members of ISTE Student Chapter at TFGP volunteered their services for an Eye Camp at Jharu village in January 2007. The camp was organized by Community Polytechnic, in association with Tolani Eye Hospital and Lions club, Gandhidham. The members also volunteered for Polio Eradication Programme at various locations in Gandhidham on 11 Feb. 2007. Mr. H P Kalyani and Mr. Utpal Mahitcha visited various polio booths to motivate the students.
4. A lecture on Entrepreneurship Development was held by Small Industries Development Institute, Rajkot, in association with NCEMD on 10 Feb.2007 at Prabhu Darshan Auditorium. Final year students of all the departments attended this programme.
5. Women’s Day on 8 March 2007 was celebrated by organizing a Lecture on “Women’s Health and Care” by Dr. Alpa Mehta and a Rangoli Competition for the girl-students of TFGP. Mrs Awa Trivedi and Ms. Beena George Kutty coordinated the competition judged by Ms. Anju Jain, and Ms. Belani.
6. Many students contributed their cartoons for a Wall Magazine Contest. Mrs N.A.Nagori coordinated the activity. The following are the winners of Wall magazine Contest :
|1st Prize||: Mr. Amit S.Pandit (Mechanical)|
|2nd Prize||: Ms. Meghat Patel (CACD & DM )|
|3rd Prize||: Ms. Ambica Joshi (CACD & DM )|
7. A General Knowledge Test was held on 7 April 2007. 152 students of TFGP (Regular and SFI) participated in this competition. Mr. S P Varandani co-ordinated the event. The winners of this competition are :
|1st Prize||– Mr. Kanwaljit Singh||Mechanical|
|2nd Prize||- Mr. Vipin Pilliai||Mech|
|2nd Prize||- Mr. Sagar Venumadhav||Elect(SFI)|
|3rd Prize||- Mr. Ronak Patel||Civil(SFI)|
|3rd Prize||- Mr. Himanshu Kansagra||Computer(SFI)|
8. A debate competition on “What is the Right Age for Love” was organized on 30 March 2007. Mr. H G Sagar co-ordinated this competition, judged by Mr. Hiro Tirthani, and Ms. Kinjal Ahir. Winners of this event are :
|1st Prize||: Mr. Dhruv Nimavat||- Electrical|
|2nd Prize||: Ms. Komal Notani||- Home Science|
|3rd Prize||: Mr. Amit Pandit||- Mechanical|