The cement industry has great potenial in kutch since the basic raw matirial Limestone of cement grade is available in abundance.
- Location:- All over Kutch specially the western part of Kutch that is Lakhpat and Abhadasa.
- Use:- for manufacturing cement, as a building stone, as a flux in the metallurgy industry and also for manufacturing calcium carbide and calcium cyanide.
- Controlled by:- Department of Mining.
- In abhadasa Taluka 2.6 Million Ton capacity cement plant in under construction by Sanghi Cement.
- Other cement plants in offing are the AGB,DLF,Anjin,JK corpn etc.
- Yellow limestone equilant to Jesalmar yellow marbal is found at Andhav Khadir area. Marbal cuting and polishing unit is working in Bhuj GIDC.
- Production(in thousands):-3000MT. It has been also named as "Costal wealth of Kutch".The entire cement requirements of Gulf countries could be met by 7000 million mt of lime stone deposits available in western Kutch.